I made these scrumptious croquettes from scratch yesterday, it didn’t take me more than an hour!
4 medium sized potatoes cubed
2 pieces of chicken fillet
Half a cup of frozen corn
Half a cup of red onion diced
Handful of chopped coriander
2 tablespoons crushed green chillies
1 cup grated cheese ( I used half mozzarella and Gouda)
1tsp crushed garlic
Dollop of sour cream
1 cup flour
3 egg yolks whisked
2 cups of crumbs for coating
Oil to fry croquettes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the cubed potatoes to boil in a pot till soft for mash consistency, once ready drain the water. Add salt, pepper, sour cream. Mash well and set aside.
- In a seperate frying pan sauté the red onion in a tablespoon of oil for a few mins, add in the frozen corn and once it’s softened set aside.
- Take chicken fillet and cut it up into chunks, add some ghee or oil to a pan and cook chicken fillet with salt, pepper, garlic and some crushed green chillies. Once cooked set aside to cool and then shred the chicken up into small pieces with your hands.
- Transfer the mash into a big bowl, add in the sautéed onions and corn, throw in the shredded chicken, add the coriander and remainder of the green chillies.
- Wait for the mixture to cool down alittle and then mix in the cup of cheese. Make sure the croquette batter is mixed evenly.
- Then form round balls with the batter to your size preferance, dip them in flour, then egg and then bread crumbs.
- Set them on a tray and leave them in the freezer to become more solid in shape for an hour or two.
- Fry the croquettes in oil on medium heat and serve immediately with a dipping sauce of your choice.