Oil for deep frying
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup full cream milk
3 green apples
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/3 cup full cream milk
- Stir together your flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Pour in your milk and eggs (beaten) and stir till it’s well combined.
- Cut your apples into small squares, pour them in and make sure they’re evenly covered with the batter.
- Heat your oil in a pot until around 370degrees.
- Use a large spoon or an icecream scoop to spoon your batter into the hot oil. Fry till both sides are golden brown and then set aside.
- Prepare your glaze by mixing powdered sugar, vanilla essence and your milk together in a bowl, whisk till it’s nicely incorporated and smooth.
- Take your apple fritters and dunk it in the glaze, making sure that both sides are glazed properly.
- Wait for the glaze to dry and then serve!
Happy cooking 🍏💚