About a week or two ago I had a bad cold, head was sore.. Sinus was ten times worse and my nose was blocked I couldn’t smell or taste anything. I got tired of the usual chicken corn soup recipe and found it abit bland… I remember going to many weddings and having a Malaysian soup so I decided to combine both tastes and make my own soup to suit my preferance.
It was really really yummy! I could finally taste and smell and my cold went away a day or two later… This recipe is for people who like a lot of spicy food as the spicyness from the Chilli powder and green chillies really helped to unblock my nose! You can make a large portion and freeze the rest for another cold day when you’re in the mood for soup or for when you’re just feeling down and out.
2 pieces of chicken fillet cubed
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
3 green chillies finely diced
1.5 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons Chilli powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
Half an onion finely diced
Oil or ghee to your preferance
Half a cup frozen sweet corn
Handful of spaghetti pasta
1 tablespoon each of any brand (I used knorrs) White onion soup, Thick Vegetable soup, Cream of chicken soup
2liters of water and more as you need to get the soup consistency you like
200mls fresh cream
Some finely chopped coriander
- In a big soup pot on medium heat, I added some ghee and then braised the onions. Once almost brown I added in the chicken, salt, pepper, garlic, green chillies.
- While that’s cooking I boiled the spaghetti in a seperate pot for 15 minutes and left aside.. Note the spaghetti won’t be completely cooked but that’s fine as it’s also going to be cooked again for another 5 to 10 mins when added to the soup.
- Once the chicken is halfway cooked I added the corn and cooked for another minute or so.
- I then proceeded to mix the soup mixes in a 2 liter jug of warm water.
- I then added the water mix into the pot and let it boil for about twenty minutes continuously stirring.
- I then added the Chilli powder and stirred again, put in the spaghetti… Then poured over the cream and let it boil for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally garnish with some coriander and serve immediately.
Happy cooking! 💛
Don’t forget to email me pics on email@example.com of the food recipes you try so you can be featured on my blog.