If you’re in the mood for some indulging this is the recipe for you! It’s a family secret.. But I decided to share it anyways haha!
Enjoy! And please don’t forget to email me pics of the dishes you make ( email@example.com ) 😊
Happy cooking 💛
1 whole chicken cut into pieces
4 potatoes chopped into fours
2 tablespoons Chilli powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 grounded green Chilli
3 tablespoons ghee
2 cups basmati rice
5 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons flour
3 cups milk
2 tablespoons ghee
1 cup grated Gouda cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the rice to a boil for about 20 to 30 minutes until cooked, drain and leave to cool and then mix in the mayonnaise.
- In a large pot fry the potatoes in some ghee on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl marinate the chicken with salt,pepper, garlic, aromat, Chilli powder, green Chilli.
- Then put the chicken in a plastic packet, add the flour, tie it up and shake it until all the chicken is covered in a light layer of flour.
- Add this to the pot with the potatoes and cook for another 35 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked and the potatoes are slightly softened. Add abit of water or more ghee to the pot of the chicken and potatoes are getting dry or stuck.
- Prepare your white sauce by heating up a pan, adding the ghee and flour and letting it boil for a minute. Then add the milk, salt and pepper to taste and whisk till its smooth and thick. Finally add cheese at the end and put aside.
- Once your chicken and potatoes are cooked, place in a tray. Pour the white sauce over and sprinkle abit more cheese ontop.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and cover the tray with foil. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve this with the mayonnaise rice on the side.