PF Changs is a restaurant found overseas, mainly in Dubai. It serves a wide variety of asian cuisine, from asparagus chips, to banana spring rolls and the famous Dynamite Shrimp.I’ve tried out many recipes but this one below is the one that tastes the most similiar after tweeking and compiling my own set of ingredients.
It’s meant to be served with sticky white rice and a side of mixed chillies and garlic.
1/2 tsp zeal
2tbls crushed red chillies
1Tbls lemon juice
1tbls lemon pepper.
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup Mazeina
1 tbsp flour and water for the batter
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp chilli powder
4tbls sirachia sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4tsp dry parsley
2tsp of honey
- Marinate the prawns in the zeal, salt, garlic, crushed chillies, lemon juice and lemon pepper and leave for an hour.
- Then make a batter by whisking together eggs, baking powder, mazina, flour and milk.
- Put oil in a frying pan to deep fry shrimp on medium to hot temperature.
- Dip the marinated prawns in the flour batter and put straight into the deep fryer as soon as it is hot enough.
- Once all is done throw over the sauce and mix well with the prawns (make more sauce using the above ingredients if needed)
- Add over diced shallots and sesame seeds to garnish and serve with some white sticky rice.
Happy cooking from Sabeha’s Kitchen 😊