1. Braise your onions in a pan with some oil until pink, add in your Chilli, garlic, tomato purée and paste. Boil for a few mins and then add in spices, cook for a further few minutes and then add in your cream and set aside.
2. Cook your chicken in ghee with the garlic, Chilli and spices, then shred it and put it back on the stove, add your sweet corn, mayonnaise and sour cream.
3. Add ghee to a pan, then add in your flour and mix till it’s a bubbly paste. Add in your milk and whisk until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. To assemble place your tomato based to the bottom of a tray. Take the cannelloni shells and spoon in your chicken filling, then place them in a line 1cm apart in the tray.
5. Pour over the white sauce, and cover the tray with foil.
6. Bake for 45 mins or until pasta shell is cooked through, lastly sprinkle cheese over and top with with origanum and parsley. Bake for a further 5 minutes until cheese is melted and serve immediately.
Spicy Jalapeño and Mash Pizza 🌶
Makes about 2 pizzas Ingredients: For mash:
3 medium sized potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons sour cream
Drizzle of fresh cream
Pinch of dried parsley
Pinch of origanum
Pinch of potato spice Toppings:
Sliced red onion
Mozzarella and Gouda cheese to your liking
Green pepper cubed
Red pepper cubed
Green chilies diced
“Shisha” Jalapeño sauce
Finely chopped dhania Method:
1. Boil cubed potatoes in water till soft. Then drain, mash with a fork and add in all the ingredients (sour cream,fresh cream, salt pepper, butter, parsley, origanum, potato spice.)
2. Once smooth and well incorporated spread on any ready made pizza bases of your choose.
3. Put all toppings listed above, and bake in the oven for 10/15 minutes on 180degrees until cheese is nicely melted.
Ps: I prebake my pizza base in the oven for ten minutes prior to putting all ingredients just to make it extra crispy so it doesn’t get soggy with the mash.
I made these scrumptious croquettes from scratch yesterday, it didn’t take me more than an hour!
Makes about 18-20 croquette balls depending on the size.
4 medium sized potatoes cubed
2 pieces of chicken fillet
Half a cup of frozen corn
Half a cup of red onion diced
Handful of chopped coriander
2 tablespoons crushed green chillies
1 cup grated cheese ( I used half mozzarella and Gouda)
1tsp crushed garlic
Dollop of sour cream
1 cup flour
3 egg yolks whisked
2 cups of crumbs for coating
Oil to fry croquettes
Salt and pepper to taste
Put the cubed potatoes to boil in a pot till soft for mash consistency, once ready drain the water. Add salt, pepper, sour cream. Mash well and set aside.
In a seperate frying pan sauté the red onion in a tablespoon of oil for a few mins, add in the frozen corn and once it’s softened set aside.
Take chicken fillet and cut it up into chunks, add some ghee or oil to a pan and cook chicken fillet with salt, pepper, garlic and some crushed green chillies. Once cooked set aside to cool and then shred the chicken up into small pieces with your hands.
Transfer the mash into a big bowl, add in the sautéed onions and corn, throw in the shredded chicken, add the coriander and remainder of the green chillies.
Wait for the mixture to cool down alittle and then mix in the cup of cheese. Make sure the croquette batter is mixed evenly.
Then form round balls with the batter to your size preferance, dip them in flour, then egg and then bread crumbs.
Set them on a tray and leave them in the freezer to become more solid in shape for an hour or two.
Fry the croquettes in oil on medium heat and serve immediately with a dipping sauce of your choice.
For those chilly stay-in nights or after taraweeh treats!
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown or white sugar
1tbsp fresh ginger thinly sliced
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup hot boiling water
Whipped cream for topping
1 heaping tsp of filtered coffee
1 cup milk
To make a gingerbread syrup take a medium saucepan and add 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup sugar, one slice of ginger, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 nutmeg and 1/4 cinnamon.
Bring saucepan to boil until the sugar dissolves and then turn the heat down low to let it simmer for 20 mins. Then take a mug and add 2tbls of the gingerbread syrup you just made and make sure to remove the piece of ginger.
Add 1tsp filtered coffee to the mug, then pour the 1/4 cup boiling water into the mug, then add 1 cup of preheated milk into the mug.
Top with whipped cream and sprinkle some nutmeg ontop and serve immedietly.