15-20 deveined and deshelled prawns
2 cups of precooked rice (any type)
Half a cup frozen corn
Half a cup frozen peas
Cup full Red and green peppers cubed
1 green chilli finely sliced
Half an onion cubed
1 clove finely diced garlic
Soya sauce to your preference
2 beaten eggs
Marinate the prawns in the ffg:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed garlic paste
1 green Chilli sliced in half
1 tsp Amina’s Red Chilli paste
1 tsp pepper
Sprinkle of origanum and parsley
Half tsp of Red Chilli flakes
1 tbls lemon juice
1. Marinate prawns in the ingredients listed above and then sauté in a small pan with some ghee until cooked. Set aside.
2. In a wok, add some oil, put in the onions, diced garlic clove, finely sliced chilies as well as the cup of red and green peppers. Sauté for two minutes.
3. Add in your frozen corn and peas. Incorporate and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Add your precooked rice into the wok and mix in some soya sauce. Watch how much salt and soya sauce you put in as it can get overpowering if you add too much.
5. Cook for a further two minutes and then make a well in the middle of the wok with the rice surrounding it. Add in your beaten eggs and stir gently on a low heat until the eggs are scrambled and cooked through the rice.
6. Once cooked, add in the prawns or any other meat such as chicken or steak will go well with this too.
7. Sprinkle over some red Chilli flakes and black pepper. Adding chopped spring onion to the top is optional as a garnish.
Recipe from Sabeha’s Kitchen™️